I have been thinking a lot about the PC versus Mac debate since changing over this year from PC to Mac and having used both quite a bit. The reason I made the change - I do a lot of photography/design work.
I am talking about Desktops here as Laptops are generally not the best for photography/design work.
Reasons to stick to PC:
- You do a lot of Ebay and need Turbo Lister (there is no Mac turbo lister however you can get Garage sale for mac at a cost) This has really annoyed me since having the Mac.
- They are cheaper.
- You are really used to using a PC and don't want to learn a new platform.
- You don't want to change your software over from PC to Mac due to expense etc.
- So much easier to download fonts/actions etc for design/photography work
- The mouse can move from side to side as well as up and down which is fantastic for scanning around an image quickly in Photoshop.
- Macs crash less. Maybe even never. Ask anyone. Mine will slow down when I am doing a lot at once but never crashes.
- I-macs are compact which is a plus.
Main things I love about it are:
- The screen is fantastic size/colours/brightness
- Makes Adobe very easy to use
- Doesn't crash
- The mouse is fantastic
- The search tool in the finder window where you can search your mac for any file really easily
- Really easy to get photos off devices like i-phone, camera etc
- No turbo lister for mac.
- It comes with a compact keyboard which only have numbers on the top bar (I changed mine).
- The mouse batteries go fairly quickly.
- Safari crashes more often.
- The CD slot swallowed my SD card as they are very close together on the side - oops!